Friday, August 13, 2010

Niagara Vacation: part 3

After our morning and afternoon at the park on Thursday, we decided we wanted to go take a ride on the Maid of the Mist (a 20 minute boat ride that takes you right up to the falls) with everyone before heading back to the hotel for the evening. On our way to buy tickets we saw a wedding going on. So we decided to "attend" it.


{It slightly creeped me out at the age difference between the two of them. She could not have been more than 25 or 30 and he was well in his 50's}


On to the Maid of the Mist. Here is a picture of the boat fully loaded and heading to the falls..

Below is the best picture I could get while on the boat. I put my camera away shortly after this because we were getting SOAKED! Matthew DID NOT like the wind on the boat and getting wet. He was not a happy camper during this part of the trip.

These are called the American Falls.
After the boat ride, we went and stood up on a observation deck and looked out across the falls..

Then we decided it would be fun to go take the Cave of the Winds tour. This is a series of bridges that take you right down to the bottom of the American Falls and the Bridal Falls. Again, we got soaked! But it was fun! This is the deck that you walk up (I took this picture the day before from the Canadian side)


Close up of the Falls
Steve, Micah, Megan and Mason prior to getting soaked!

Kristen and I
Matthew decided to sleep during this part of the trip, and their was a nice place to park his chair and still be able to look at the falls. Steve and I took turns going up the stairs so as not to wake up Matthew..he wouldn't have liked the water anyway..

After the Cave of the Winds, we headed back to the hotel to change, and then decided it was high time for some supper. We headed off to Bob Evans, a restaurant I had never heard of, but quickly became a fan of. We celebrated Elisabeth's Dad, Donald's, birthday. It was a great ending to our evening.

5 comments:

Diane said...

That wedding still creeps me out about the age difference. I was so glad to experience the Maid of the Mist with you. It was a blast!

Diane

Kristen said...

Holy cow, the zoom on your camera is incredible! That is quite a close up of the Cave of the Winds while standing on the Canadian side! Sweet!

It's so funny that both you and Diane took pictures of the wedding. I should have stood back and taken pictures of the group "attending" the wedding. That would have been funny.

Diane said...

I think I was trying to be a little more discrete, LOL, because you can barely see the bride & groom in my picture.

Diane

David said...

oh my gosh, until i read that the old man was the groom, i was assuming it was her dad giving her away or something.

Lisa Christine said...

About the wedding: I wasn't disturbed by the age difference....until we saw them in their street clothes later that day. They were walking through a parking lot, both looking miserable, and she was trailing behind him by about 6 feet. You would NEVER guess that they had just gotten married. So, so strange...