Friday, May 8, 2009

I got tagged--24 things about me

My very good on-line friend Kristen, tagged me and these are the answers in response to her post. So here goes...24 things about me....

1)What's your current obsession?
I would have to say right now, it's sewing. I love to sew, but don't have much time. This week, my house went to 'you know where' in a handbasket because I wanted to finish a sewing project. I need to learn not to do that again..because I'm still digging out.

2. One thing you wish you could change about yourself?
I can be a sentimental sap! I easily attach (sometimes too much) myself to things and people.

3. What are you wearing today?
Dark blue capris, a green t-shirt and a white nursing tank underneath. And black flip flops.

4. Why is today special?
Because my parents are here from S.D., my brother and sister in law are coming from Kentucky and we're celebrating the fact that my baby brother is graduating from nursing school (Go Curtis!)

5. What would you like to learn to do?
Decorate my home simply-(decluttering it, too--see number 2--I keep too much stuff!)

6. What’s for dinner tonight?
Well I'm going to do tomorrow night since it's so late.. we're having vegetarian burgers, chips, baked beans, and coleslaw....yummy summer food!

7) What's the last thing you bought?
Um.....groceries at HY-Vee.

8)What are you listening to right now?
Matthew 'talking' to me while he's sitting in my lap, no music on...

9)What’s your most challenging goal?
Losing some weight (or alot of it!) I have struggled since having kids my weight, and the stress of this past year has not helped!

10)What do you think about the person who tagged you?
Well, Kristen, is a God-send! She is such a great friend. I've enjoyed talking with her over the phone and via facebook. I wished we lived closer so we could veg on each other's couches and visit for hours. Since we've betrothed our children to each other, maybe one day that will happen! (This last comment, for those who don't know, is a long standing joke between the two of us!)

11)If you could have your house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere, where would it be?
Part of me wants to say back home, in South Dakota, but we've been in Nebraska now for 10 years and we have great friends down here and have made a life here. If I could take my friends and family with me, I'd say someplace warm, NOT humid, and fairly unpopulated (is there such a place?) Since this question didn't seem to have those stipulations, I'd have to say, still here in Nebraska, but with a bigger, newer, ranch style house in pretty much the same area of town.

12)What is your favorite vacation spot?
I'd have to say the favorite place I've been so far is Cozumel, Mexico. Beaches, clear blue water and lazy days--that makes me happy!

13)What would you like to have in your hands right now?
A magic sleeping pill for my Matthew, he's a late night guy!

14) What would you like to get rid of?
Clutter!!!

15) If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
I think I would run off to meet Kristen, Cayman and her naturopath!

16)What super power would you like to possess?
The power of always knowing the right choice!

17) What’s your favorite piece of clothing?
Comfy t-shirts and yoga pants

18) What is your dream job?
I think it would to be a medical midwife in a Central American country...I love delivering babies!

19. If you had $150---what would you spend it on?
Someone to come into my home and show me how to best use our small space!

20. What do you find annoying?
It grates on my nerves to hear a patient talk about their unborn children being 'naughty' or 'brats' or that the baby 'moves too much' or inconveniences them in any way..or that they want to deliver their baby before they're even full term because they are too uncomfortable and the baby 'will do just fine in the NICU'. I just want to shake them and tell them they are taking part in a miracle...so enjoy the beautiful ride you are on.

21. Describe your personal style.
Simple, cotton, comfortable, inexpensive. I'm pretty low maintenance. Please don't make me iron or dry clean it!

22. Whose closet you would want to raid?
If I could fit in her clothes, probably either my friends Brenda or Deena. They have the cutest clothes.

23. What are you most proud of?
I would have to definitely say my family. My hubby's workin' super hard to get his own business going (scaring the crap out of me, though..even though it's really going great), my big kids have acclimated so well to so much change in the last year, and my baby is fighting so hard to reach milestones.

24) What is your typical morning routine??
Hmm.. not that we have too many, but... it's usually get up, feed Matthew and Mason (Micah and Megan have already taken off for school with Steve), give Matthew his meds, down a cola and a granola bar for myself. Then, I like to check my blogs while Mason watches a bit of PBS. Then I like to give Matthew a bath and feed him again...then he's zonked for the remainder of the morning and mid afternoon. Then it's off to do some housework and play with Mason. Oh, and somewhere in there I try to at least brush my teeth and put deodorant on . I wish that kind of morning happened more often--all too often we're rushing here or there.

I'm supposed to tag 7 people to do this...I think most of my blog roll has already been tagged...

here's the one's I see so far and if I missed you...well then just go right ahead and do it!

Audrey's mommy from Oh Audrey Sue
Beth from Keesler Chaos
Diane from Tyler's trip...if Tyler will give his mommy some room on his blog
Zoe, Lillian's mommy


Now the rules of this tag:
1. Respond and rework: answer the questions on your blog, replace one question you dislike with a question of your own invention.2. Tag 7 other people you would love to learn more about.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Things that we have in common:

I'm a sentimental sap too!! I have learned to control my ways so clutter doesn't accumulate. I am proof that there is hope for people like us! :-)

I buy clothes that are comfortable, inexpensive, and don't need to be ironed or dry cleaned. I despise ironing!

What you said for what is annoying, I completely agree!

I want you guys to come see me too, and most definitely for Matthew to see the Naturopath. How does tomorrow sound? :-)...I wish.