Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Welcome to the land of Dr. appointments

I didn't realize how many doctors we will be seeing. I'm a little overwelmed; thank goodness they had a discharge planner at Children's hospital to help coordinate all his appointments. Today my job was to transfer all my appointments to my day planner. I will just look at that each week(maybe day) and know where we're going. Well as I was transcribing them I realized I'll have 1 -2 appointments per week till the end of July, YUCK!
Then I went to see the pediatrition today and she scheduled 2 more ultrasounds and wants to see us on Monday for a follow up and to draw his phenobarbitol level and to circumcise him, since he wasn't circumcised in the hospital. Plus home health is coming twice a week to do weight checks. It's a good thing that I'm not back to work yet.
My mother-in-law is also here till tomorrow, so she has been helping out with the kids; which is good, because we've had a couple busy days!
Matthew is doing well, unless you count the fact that he likes to eat every 2 hours at night! Not much sleep for mommy! He sleeps well for the hour in between feeding. He is still weighing 8lbs 2 oz, so they are going to follow his weight closely to make sure he is gaining.
Tomorrow early intervention comes to evaluate his needs for therapy. Friday the home health care nurse will come and reweigh him. We are trying to be low key this week, but it's already busier than I thought it would be. We will be starting the summer reading program at the library this week or early next week so the kids can occupy themselves with something other than the TV and video games.
Well not too much else new, leading a fairly boring but busy life. Hopefully update with pictures later this week

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Whew! I bet you are feeling a little overwhelmed. Don't worry, things will slow down...eventually. I found all those early appointments to be very reassuring. Maybe you will too :)
You BETTER post some more photos of that cutie later in the week!!! Hope the family is adjusting to the new little one well :)

Kristen said...

"land of Dr. appointments"...it's an exhausting place no doubt! Hopefully that will start to thin itself out soon. I found in Cayman's first month home feeling like it was always going to be that crazy busy, but it's already slowed down for her. And I pray it does for Matthew too!