Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Finally!!!!

I have hesitated to blog this, but I think I am ready to proclaim it, to the HIGH heavens!! Matthew is now sleeping at night; and by "professional" standards, they consider him sleeping through the night! WOO HOO! And let me tell you, I am a new woman!!!!

It all started Friday night. I don't know what happened, but he was tired; at 9 oclock. I layed him down and went to bed myself. He woke twice through the night, but went to bed fairly quickly after eating. Saturday, same thing; went to bed at 8:30 with 2 awakeningsto eat; and took two very nice naps Sunday. Sunday night, he went to bed at 8:30 again and said to Steve; boy I hate to be greedy but it sure would be nice to stretch that first feeding to 3:00 and then wake up at 7 for the day. Well, Matthew obliged nicely and woke at 3:30, chowed down and fell right back to sleep. He was up Monday for the day at 7:30. Last night, same thing, but an hour later. Bedtime at 9:30, wake at 4:30, up for the day at 8:15. Perfect. And his nap is also more scheduled. He's taking 2 naps that equal 4-5 hours together. He's more awake during his wakeful times and sleeps soundly during naps. His brain must just feel more "organized".

The pediatrician noticed yesterday when we went for our routine monthly visit. She said that he was so alert, and just a brand new baby. She said, "oh, I was so worried about him last month, but now he looks wonderful." I'm glad I didn't know she was worried about him, it would've made me nervous. He weighed 14lbs 7 oz
(up from 13lbs 1oz just 26 days earlier-for those of you with math brains that's 22 oz in 26 days) and was 24 1/2 inches tall. He had grown a inch!

I'm really hoping the sleep thing keeps up! It's been a blessing. I do love my sleep!

4 comments:

Sherri said...

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!
Yaaaaaaay, Matthew!

osustamm said...

Sleep, yes that's wonderful!!!! YAY!!

Anonymous said...

Praise God!

Lisa Christine said...

Hhow did I miss this exciting news! HURRAY!!!!