Tuesday, October 7, 2008

updates of a random nature 10/7/08

I am increasingly wondering if Matthew will EVER sleep at night. I mean..for goodness sakes.. he's 4 1/2 months old. I had no problems turning the other children around, but here we are; as I start writing this, it's after 11:35 and Matthew is revving up for the night shift. Oh, what I would pay to sleep in my warm bed all night long. This too shall pass..I must remind myself...This too shall pass. We had an all nighter last night..6am before we decided it was bedtime. Oh man... it's hard to function during the day..hard to teach the kids. They are so patient with me and let me "sleep in" and are always encouraging me to go take naps; but I really do hope he figures it out soon. He is on SO much anti-seizure medication; you would think all he would do is sleep, but that's not the case!

Speaking of seizures, today is one of the first days I have not noticed any seizures! Praise Jesus!!! He also did this on Thursday, so I'm crossing my fingers. He had a trileptil level drawn on Monday and I think we should hear tomorrow what the result is and if we need to adjust his medication. Please continue to pray for these seizures to stay away; I can't help but imagine that he must feel so much better not having them.

My heart has been heavy this week. I try not to think about the future and just take one day at a time, but it's hard. My mind goes in a million different directions. I am a worry wart by trade and I do a very good job of it! I have so much to be thankful for; but Satan makes it so easy to fall into the land of self pity!

School is going..well..okay, I guess. This year has been the most difficult by far; with all of our appointments and such I feel like I'm hanging on by the skin of my teeth. I'm hoping we'll get into some sort of groove though here and I think much can be resolved with little Matthew if he could start sleeping!!!


Matthew is a bit of an internet superstar! You can find him here and here and here . These are all from his very young age. I just hadn't realized he was "out there" till I was thinking about it one day! The internet has been such a blessing for me since Matthews diagnosis nearly 9 months ago. I have met so many people that I am blessed to call "friends" and have found much valuable information including Matthew's stem cell therapy.

Nothing else I can think of off the top of my brain-drained head. Off to try to get this little monster to try to sleep!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh man, it's rough when they don't sleep through the night. Cayman was 5 1/2 months old before she started to do it consistently. I thought it would never happen. And she was just like Matthew, in that she would pull all nighters. It was crazy. I finally broke her by waking her throughout the day. I wouldn't let her sleep more than 1/2 hour at a time except for one longer nap in the early afternoon. I would bath her, play with her...anything just to keep her stimulated so she would be wore out for the night. It took about 1 1/2 weeks of doing that and she was broke of the night owl schedule.

Your kids sound so sweet, telling you to go take naps. What a blessing to have such supportive, understanding, caring children.

Sherri said...

Awww. Doesn't sleep just effect everything?!? Things have really slowed down around here if you want to drop the kids off while you have a sleep day :)