Monday, December 29, 2008

The Crosswalk

Every once in a while, a seemingly-simple email comes around that ends up being quite profound. This is one of them. I recieved this from my Aunt Bonnie.

The Crosswalk


-I (Jill) sometimes wonder why God allows us to bear the cross(es) we do. Maybe we don't realize it is preparing us for the dip in the road that God can see and we cannot. And maybe not a 'dip', but maybe something else. But I do know that only God sees what is ahead on our roads and prepares us, molds us and shapes us in his perfect way so that we don't 'come up short' in the end. It may be easier in the short term to not have to go through hardships; and when we do wonder, 'why me, God?', but I know he has greater things planned. And I do know that God promised to be with us during tough times, and not for us to do it alone. That's one thing I would change in these pictures, because we are NOT carrying our crosses alone. God provides, he provides for our every need, and sometimes even our desires. He helps us carry those crosses, and we don't have to drag them through the dirt by ourselves. So take these pictures for what they're worth. I like them-because I'm a very visual person- but if I were artistic, I'd change them up a bit. I'd put others helping each other carry their crosses, I'd put God in there, wiping their brow, giving them water, cheering them on, carrying the cross for those who have no one else, or are too weak to go on. We're not in this world alone, my friends, HE has not forsaken us.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Amen! Thanks for sharing that. I don't know how a person gets through life without God. I can't imagine.