Bright and early Matthew and I along with our friend, Teresa, headed up to Omaha to meet with the ENT. He asked lots of questions, and answered our questions, and was on board for doing the Botox. He did say that Matthew will need to be in surgery for the procedure, but that the injections actually go in on the outside of the mouth, kind of in the cheek area, but he needs to be able to hold very still, so anesethesia is neccessary. He will have virtually no recovery period from it, only just waking up from anesthesia and 2 needle poke marks on each side of his face (similar to getting shots). This afternoon surgery scheduling called and scheduled for the 8th of April. They will call when it is sooner to give us a time.
Matthew had another fantastic day. He threw up three times; and twice it was because he was throwing a major ATTITUDE and he was not happy about being messed with this morning. He was able to spend some time in his chair playing with his new toys he got from early development, and we went for a walk around the block to get some well needed vitamin D.
I am cherishing each and every good day and hoping the next will be as good.
I was talking today about the fact that I write about how poorly Matthew is doing; how his doctor talks with us (and we had talked prior as a family) that he has been doing so poorly for so long and maybe this is our sign that Matthew is tired, and then he turns around and has GREAT days! While I am not ONE BIT unhappy about our wonderful days, I feel almost like we are crying wolf. He has been so sick on more than one occasion, we get ready for the worst, we prepare our family and Matthew proves that he is still fighting and God shows us "not yet." I don't like drama at all, and don't want any of the people reading thinking we're playing with their emotions. And I know that those of you who know us, know that isn't true; but sometimes I over analyze situations. My friend today told me, "the only thing constant about Matthew, is that he is constantly changing". Boy, isn't that the truth.
I HIGHLY believe in the power of prayer, and believe God has stepped in and intervened, at least for now. He has given us 2 really good days with Matthew, but I know things could swing the other way again in a heart beat; and God will still be in control. I still believe that God hears and answers our prayers, even if his answer would have been "no." Believe me, he surely has told me "no" this week. When you are faced with "making a decision", that is the last thing you as a parent want to do. This week, more than once, I begged God that if this was the end for Matthew, to please take him in his sleep before humans would make me make a decision. I didn't want to be "responsible". We love him too much to choose; but in another way, I knew that we love him ENOUGH that we could make the decision if we had too. That all being said, I don't want to have those thoughts for a long time. And I'm thankful God knows what the future is going to bring, and told me "no" this week. We're going to enjoy as many good days as we get.