Matthew is (once again) back in the hospital It just continued to escalate everyday with the amount of vomiting he was having; and when we took him to see his pediatrician on Wednesday, he had been just shy of 24 hours with out any urine output. She gave us the "go to jail, go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars" pass, straight to Childrens'. We were at least given the option of going by ambulance or car, which I chose to drive him as he wasn't vomiting at the time. (I had turned his feeding pump off 4 hours prior to his appointment, because I couldn't handle listening to him retch one more time).
The plan?? Put Matthew on TPN, which is nutrition that he will get in IV form. He has a port, so we will use that to give him his TPN. They are saying his gut will need a 6 month rest. 6 months is a long time. He gets 1 bag a day, and the cost....wait for it....$1000 a day! Thats some expensive gourmet! They tell me this will allow his gut to rest, and hopefully we can start feedings again after that; very, very slowly, of course. I do know that plans could change a million times between now and then, but that is what they say today.
I miss my kids, the normalcy of what people would call a boring day; you know doing laundry, vacuuming, making supper; that kind of stuff. I am praying for normal (or as close to normal) days soon.
If all goes as planned, we may get to go home sometime around Monday. I would really like to go home Sunday, as my kids are on spring break this week.