Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!!


From the Soldatke Family




*on a side(but very important) note: Steve could use our prayers today. He has been sick with a kidney infection for a couple of days; but very early Christmas morning (around 12:30) started having chest pain and had to go to the ER. Stubborn guy drove himself, because he didn't want to take the kids out in the gigantic blizzard we are having here. He is hospitalized and they will be doing a heart cath tomorrow morning. He is very young to already be having heart problems (35) but has a strong family history, so they are being extra cautious. I, for now, am stranded at home with the kids. It is still too dangerous in my opinion to be out and about. I don't have a 4 wheel drive and don't want to endanger anyone else to come get us at this point. I'm hoping the snow quits, so we can go up and see him. Please pray that the results will be negative. We are putting our faith in God and knowing that HE will take care of us.

5 comments:

Diane said...

Jill I am so sorry to hear this about Steve. I was so relieved when you came home from the hospital with Matthew just before Christmas that you would ALL be spending Christmas together. But I guess God had other plans and really needs to give your family a break.

I pray everything is okay with Steve and that the snow stops so you can see him. I hope you guys are still having a good Christmas considering everything.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Chrissy Scheer, PT said...

Soldatke's....Yes I will be praying for you all, and specifically for Steve tonight. Hugs! Chrissy :)

Kristen said...

Ah, Jill. I thought about you guys all day. We have been praying and praying that Matthew would stay well and you all would get to be home together for Christmas. Lesson learned, in the future I will make sure to cover all of you in my prayers to stay far away from the need of a hospital.

We wish Steve many get well wishes and a blessed Christmas for you all in spite of the disappointments.

Anonymous said...

Steve,

Dad told me about you being in the hospital. we are praying here. we have a prayer chain going. Just remember we love you. We hope and pray that Jill and the kids can see you soon.

your sister,
Melissa

Unknown said...

Jill and kids,

We are so sorry about Steve's heart problems. We are praying for him AND all of you, too! Merry Christmas and have a Happy Sabbath.

With prayers,
Hagens