Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Winter Wonderland

Since Sunday, the snow has been steadily falling in our neck of the woods. I think we have gotten around 15 inches total. Crazyness. Last night and today the roads were nearly impossible to navigate with out 4 wheeldrive. I tried to take some pictures of the snow last night; but this is all I could get:









With the flash, all I could get was white snow flecks and without the flash, the house was just a blur








Steve pushes snow as a 2nd job, and this is the only picture I could get of him doing our driveway. Being the farm girl that I am, he even let me run this for a while last night. It was a lot of fun.


Due to this 2nd job, I have not seen Steve hardly at all since Sunday. He puts in some long hours. He pushed snow all evening and all night Sunday and Monday morning. He slept Monday afternoon and evening and then went out early Tuesday again and was out until last night around 6. He slept till midnight and went back out and as of right now (5:30) he is still out pushing. I have to work tonight, so Steve will come home to watch the kids and then go back out when I get home to finish up. He will be one tired guy come tomorrow.


Here is a couple of pictures from today out our front and back windows




5 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

Snow is so beautiful! I hope we see some in my area before Christmas arrives.

Hope you are enjoying the season. And I hope Matthew is doing well.

Diane said...

You can send some this way. It looks beautiful.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Keeslermom said...

Oh, how I wish we lived close enough to hire Steve to come push our snow! We scooped for 2 hours, then gave up and went in. Mike and the neighbor finished it this afternoon, or we wouldn't be able to get up the driveway. I hate snow!

Josephine said...

That's a lot of snow!! It's so pretty :)

Kristen said...

Wow, that is a lot of snow! You're hogging it all. Send some our way, I don't mind. If it has to be cold and gray outside then I want a pretty snowy scene out my window.

It did snow yesterday and some today but it's so windy that it must have blown it all to Nebraska. Today we had 60 mph winds! I took Cayman to her therapy appointments. Holy wind, I thought we were going to blow away! Cayman freaked out and tried to pull herself out of my arms' grip. I kept telling her to put her face into me but I'm sure she didn't understand. So I tightened my grip on her and just ran with lighting speed to the vehicle. Crazy weather!!