Monday, November 15, 2010

Jill's Update from Today

This is Jill's friend Kristen bringing you words from Jill on Matthew's update for today. She cannot post herself from the particular hospital where they are at. We did this once before, I think exactly a year ago it was. This is not the beginning of a new yearly tradition for us (I promise). I know, because I am covering that in prayer!!!

So here is Matthew's update (written by Jill, just simply posted by me):

Matthew had a very nice restful day yesterday. The doctors say he is not "out of the woods", but they feel he is stable. We have not seen bloody vomit since Saturday night. So hopefully his gut is healing some. They are working on plans to get GI and ENT together to do a scope. That way we can look at all the anatomy and can see if something is causing Matthew to vomit. We also can know how bad the bleed in Matthew's gut is. Steve also decided it was best to take off for home yesterday. His business still needs to run; and the other kids need as stable as environment as possible.

Today was a whirlwind. We had lab work, and ultrasound, and an upper GI/small bowel test done today. We started with all of Matthew's breathing treatments this morning at 7:30 and ran, ran, ran until just before 2 pm today. We do not know the results of these tests; but will by tomrrow.

One of the tests was to check GI function; and he ended up throwing up ALOT of barium today. This was really hard on him and tonight he is working pretty hard with secretions. I think it really iritated his esophagus. Hopefully this test will give them some answers; because is sure was hard on his little body.

Thank you to everyone who is praying for Matthew! I do apologize for taking so long to update. I cannot access the blog from the hospital; and it is hard to type up all this information on my phone. Thank you Kristen for you help!!


Kristen said...

1st!! I realize declaring loudly that I am the first commenter is braggy. Afterall, I knew exactly when the post went up. :) OH well, it's still fun!



Kristen said...

With a more serious side now,

I am glad Matthew is stable. That is sooo good to hear. I hope they don't have to repeat the test with the barium and they are able to get all the readings from today's testing. Sounds just awful what Matthew had to endure. Awful for the mama to watch too.

Our prayers continue.


Anonymous said...

What a relief to hear that he is stable! I am praying that they find multiple solutions to the vomiting and bleeding. Matthew (and you) must be exhausted.
Thinking of and praying for you often!

Diane said...

I like to hear the word stable. I know you still have a ways to go but I am praying these tests will get you a step closer to finding answers. I continue to think of you often and am still praying.

Oh and Kristen thanks for helping out and keeping us updated and way to go on being 1st. LOL!!

Cayman's Grandma S said...

It's a shame Matthew has to go through so much to find out what's causing the problem, but hopefully, putting him through all of this will pay off, and the doctors will be able to find and fix the problem. I pray your little guy will be feeling better and you and he will be on your way home soon.

Lisa said...

Hooray for stable :)

Sweet thoughts from Washington floating your way....

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that things seem to be progressing in a positive direction. Our prayers continue! Thank you for the update!

Anonymous said...

Praying for Matthew.


Carla said...

Stable is good! will continue prayers for results, answers & solutions. Hopefully you are able to get some rest . Thank you Kristin for the update!