Friday, November 5, 2010

Quick update

I'm sorry I haven't updated since we got home; but right now I am some what overwhelmed with all of Matthew's care and everything he needs right now. Here is a quick update.

  • Matthew, when he is not retching, is a pretty happy little boy
  • That being said, Matthew spends a good majority of his time that he is awake retching. :(
  • Twice since we've been home, he has retched so hard he is throwing up blood for hours. That is no fun.
  • I called his GI today and they want me to bring him to Omaha to the ER. I politely declined.
  • Instead, I called and made an appointment with Matthew's primary doctor today at three. I am quite certain they will want to admit him. I will not tell you how I feel about that; or what I will tell them if they say that. I will be asking for an alternate solution. I'm pretty cheeky right now.
  • Matthew's care has given me double fold the work. Between meds, percussion treatments, cough assist breathing treatments, hours of retching, and washing all the clothing and towels that goes along with catching that amount of mucous has taken up both of my days home so far.
  • We are thankful that we have a nurse that comes into the home twice a week. It has (somewhat) protected my sanity. She is a god send!

One more tid bit of information before I go; did you know dirty laundry and dishes multipy quicker than bunnies? They are having a hay day at my house.

Okay that's it. Sorry there is not a lot of good news; other than we are home. I'll take that over the hospital any day.

5 comments:

Carla said...

Happy to hear you have a nurse to help you out. Prayers are coming for you to have a productive dr. appt. with no admission & a great alternative. Does that cover it? :)

Kristen said...

Your sense of humor always shines through the chaos. The bunnies comment at the end cracked me up. I love that about you, Jill.

My heart aches deeply to see Matthew well, your schedule feel relaxed, true family time be restored to your household. I will never cease praying on your ones behalf.

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

I so wish that there was just something I could do to help both you and Matthew. Is there another option for a different GI guy? If it were possible I'd fly to Nebraska today to help out!

Michelle said...

I so wish that there was just something I could do to help both you and Matthew. Is there another option for a different GI guy? If it were possible I'd fly to Nebraska today to help out!

Diane said...

LOL about the bunnies comment. I sure wish I was closer and I would come do your dishes. I ray that you start to get some sanity back in your household.