For those of you who aren't on my facebook, I wanted to update you on Matthews procedure from yesterday. When we arrived at the hospital and were admitted to the pre-op unit, the anesthesiologist who saw Matthew decided he was too sick to do the procedure. When GI came in to talk to us, they decided it would be best to admit him. So we are back in the hospital and Matthew is on "gut rest" for at least 1 week. He is on TPN, which is IV nutrition until we can put food in his stomach again. We will most likely go home on TPN at least for a couple weeks. We are hoping that this will help his vomiting. Being that I thought we were just coming for a simple procedcure, I did not pack anything beforhand(not smart on my part), so I did make a quick sttop to Walmart last night for the essentials, but sadly my computer is at home. I will most likely make a run home today or tomorrow. I will also be only posting brief updates ( if that is possible for me) as I am posting this update via my cell phone.
Matthew is restung well today. He did a lot of vomiting yesterday but today has done better. We're hoping for a restful day today.