Friday, May 2, 2008

Detour!

Well kind of. Today we saw Dr Bonebrake for our normal appointment. It was supposed to be our last appointment before our cesarean. Well, my blood pressure was 176/110. Yikes. They did get it down to 162/92, but Dr. Bonebrake was more comfortable keeping me overnight at the hospital and checking my blood work and urine over the next 24 hours to make sure I'm not developing preeclampsia. Once I got settled in bed at the hospital, my blood pressure is much better= 130/80's. Now Dr Bonebrake told me NO MORE WORK, more than once,(I'm a little bull-headed when it comes to this). I did call work and let them know I wouldn't be there Sunday, but I'm hoping if my blood pressure is good here at the hospital, I can stay working maybe just a little more, even if it's shorter shifts. I only have 4 more shifts to go after the one on Sunday. Work has been a little bit stressful lately, so that may have contributed at bit :(

Baby looked good on the ultrasound. His ventricles only grew 1 or 2 mm and his head circumference is 40 cm's which is a cm or 2 of growth; so no rapid jumps, which is good. He's our little trooper, that's for sure! He moves a ton, too! I guess he's still got the room since my fluid level is now 37! (normal is 9-16). All my patients keep asking me, when are you going to have that baby! I must look full term! :)


He's still breech, so the plan is to still do a c-section on the 20th, unless my blood pressure doesn't behave. I haven't gotten any 4-d pictures in a while, but if I have another ultrasound, I'm going to ask so I can see him one more time!! I'll try and update tomorrow to let you know if we get to go home or not. We're hoping so!!!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Sounds like baby is happy and doing well, but you need to TAKE IT EASY!!! I'm glad Dr. Bonebrake is forcing you to do just that. The upcoming weeks will be so physically and emotionally exhausting, do yourself a favor and follow the Dr.'s orders! Please :)
Keep us updated!

Kristen said...

It sounds like you have a good Dr. that is watching out for you and the baby. Those were some scary #'s you had there. I'm so glad it's looking better. I've always had low pressure until the end of my pregnancy. It's an exciting but stressful time! Add me to your long list of people telling you to take it easy! I'm praying for you. Hang in there, baby is almost here. Keep us updated!