Monday, October 19, 2009

Matthew is learning to eat!




We've struggled with Matthew eating food for many months now. This past week; we have made huge strides. Last Thursday, he ate the best he ever has. Almost as if he never had an oral aversion. Sadly Thursday afternoon he got very sick again and was admitted to the hospital for 36 hours for evaluation. It was determined that he most likely was not sent home on strong enough antibiotics and his pneumonia started to come back. We changed up antibiotics and he is a happy camper. The happiest he's been in weeks. However, the feeding thing has gone a bit backwards. I'm also sad to report that when he was eating SOOO good (like 2 jars of food per meal with no problems) my camera batteries were dead. So no one was able to enjoy it but myself and his pediatrician; who happened to witness it while we were at her office. I did however learn to video it this time; even though it wasn't his best, because we don't know if he'll do it again! So here is a little video, for your viewing pleasure. It is very bumpy, because I was feeding, filming and positioning Matthew at the same time. But, you'll get the idea. And I hope in the days to come I have better video (I promise, I'll put him in his highchair next time!)

6 comments:

Sherri said...

YAAAAAAY!!! Matthew!! I'm so glad you shared this video :) Is everyone healthy at your house now?

Kristen said...

I am also so glad you shared this video!! He looks so great and you said this was not his BEST?? Wow!!

Diane said...

Way to go Matthew! He looks great eating, I am sure he will start to eat like he did a few days ago, especially when he starts to feel 100%. Although I think he looks great from the video.

Diane, Ty;er

Anonymous said...

Awesome job, Matthew!!!! We are SO impressed!!! YAY!!!

Carla said...

awesome job Matthew! Hooray for food!:)

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

What a precious video! I love the funny face he makes after each bite...such a typical look like, "Why are you feeding me this stuff?!" And what a wonderful smile he has. Makes me want to squeeze him. :)