Sunday, October 4, 2009

We're outta here!!....

That's what the doctors are telling us! Matthew did not require a sedative last night (although we got close; they even called the doctor and got the order), so we think he is slowly showing progress. The doctor today (who is one of our favorites up here) said to expect for him to still be sick for another week (!!!!!!!!). Yikes. Matthew has not opened his eyes since Wednesday. That's a long time. But, I can care for him just as well at home. They are going to send us home with a sedative just in case we need it. So while, he is not "well" yet, they believe the worst is over. The doctor said "see you next time"; and I said "I wish we could say;' see you never again', but I guess I should be a realist" and he just smiled and nodded. Sigh. I guess that is our new normal. At least they have wonderful doctors taking care of us. So we are packing. We are going. Thank you Jesus for allowing to me to take my son home! That was a scary couple of days.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jill! What a week you have had. Glad you & Matthew get to go home. That will be a comfort. Our prayers continue.

Thank you for letting us help Steve & Mason with Gatorade last night. Be sure to let us know if there's something else we can do!

Schaechers

Hagens said...

Jill -- ANSWER TO PRAYERS!

So glad to hear that you and Matthew and coming HOME!!! Please let us know if you need anything.

Hagens

Kristen said...

I hope when you read this it's from the comfort of your own home.

All my love and prayers to you!

Anonymous said...

Great news!

Praying for continued healing for Matthew.

Barbara

Carla said...

Cow what a week! Glad to hear you are home. Praying for continued healing:)

Michelle said...

Woo hoo!!! going home is the best feeling...ever! Prayers will continue that he kicks the rest of this in a quick fashion!

Sherri said...

Thank God you are home! How are things going? Have you noticed a difference? Still praying for Matthew!

Lisa Christine said...

Donald had read this post shortly after you put it up and told me the good news.....but I never got on to leave a comment saying,

"hurray! home sweet home."