Thursday, October 1, 2009

Still sick..

Just a quick update to let you know the status in our home. Matthew is still pretty sick; although he did sleep better last night than the night before. I am pretty much on the mend, although it has left me weak and with a wonderful cough. I won't complain though, because I feel 100 times better than I did on Monday. Steve, however, has been taken victim. He is as sick as I was on Monday. We're pretty sure Micah brought this home from a science camp he went to last week, as he was sick Friday. We're just hoping the other two kids don't get it! Thank you for praying! Please continue to pray for Matthew, I don't think he's quite out of the woods yet.



Here is Matthew's bed the last couple of days. It's the kids' snow tube that is elevated on one of our couch pillows. He's laying snuggled in his fleece blanket. I wiggles and moves when he does; probably sort of like a airmattress. It also keeps him snuggled up in the center. He seems very comfortable.

5 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

Oh Jill, I am sorry that I missed your first post about this. I will pray most fervently for dear little Matthew. Take care.

Kristen said...

Oh poor Steve! All he needed to do was make it to Thursday and then he was going to be in the clear! Guess he couldn't hold out. Are you going to make him change Matthew's diapers while he's this sick so he knows how bad it gets? :-P

Praying for you all, especially Matthew!

Josephine said...

Oh poor all of you! I'll be praying for a quick recovery for everyone, especially Matthew.

Melanie said...

Jill, I just heard about Matthew now being in the hospital (from Kristen's blog). I'm sending lots of positive healing thoughts your way! Here's hoping Matthew has a swift and smooth recovery! We'll be thinking of you guys!

Angela said...

I am Kristen's cousin and just read the post regarding your son, Matthew. I just wanted to let you know that in cold, damp MI right now there is someone praying for your family.